The following subjects will be reviewed comprehensively (mostly power point presentation):
(2) Immunohematology (Blood Banking)
(3) Clinical Microbiology, including Mycobacteriology, Parasitilogy, Mycology, virus-related diseases
(4) Hematology, including Hemopoiesis, Hemostasis, Co- agulation
(5) Urinalysis and other body fluids
(6) Clinical Chemistry
(7 )Misc. topics e.g. Universal precautions, Bio-safety etc.
The instructor will try his best to cover as much as possible comprehensively because of too much material. Also, there will be one assigned student every weekend to speak about one topic and will face some questions from the audience in last half an hour (i.e. 5:30 to 6:00 PM on Sundays only).
Classes will meet from March 2 thru June 30, 2021 on weekends from 6 to 9 pm.
Since there are many community colleges that offer Medical Laboratory technician program (Associate in Applied Sciences) as opposed to Clinical Laboratory science program (B.S. degree) in the State of New York, Prof. Patel has decided to provide some extra help, if requested, to satisfy their goals. Students need to manage on their own to come to office address in Passaic, New Jersey (20 – 25 minutes away from Port Authority Bus terminal by bus no. 190 for Paterson from Gate # 232) and request for Van Houten and River Drive STOP and walk for 3 minutes to get to 414 River Dr. in Passaic, NJ. Office location is also close to Quest Diagnostics (Teterboro, NJ) and BioReference laboratories (Elmwoodpark, NJ).
Medical Laboratory Review Classes
Officially registered students are urged to follow the classroom policies listed below:
(1) Be punctual
(2) Minimum number of absences
(3) Silencing of cell phones throughout the active classroom coaching
(4) Return on time from coffee-break (15 minutes)
(5) Be attentive
(6) Be co-operative and friendly to your neighbours